Loft Conversions in Lambeth
Whether you’re a small household or a large one, sooner or later, you will need extra space, which can be achieved by loft conversions. Offering numerous benefits at a reasonable cost, they make an excellent choice for homeowners wanting additional room in their properties.
Loft conversions are much like storytelling; each element is a sentence that contributes to the overall narrative of your property. For top-grade solutions for loft conversions in Lambeth, a trusted company engagement is needed. Construct & Furnish, with its premium-class workmanship and up-to-date knowledge of loft conversions, has earned the unshaken trust of its clients.
Varieties of Loft Conversions We Offer
Roof Light Loft Conversion
If your existing roof has sufficient headspace, consider adding roof lights, an affordable way to convert a loft. This type of loft conversion doesn’t involve contour or pitch alterations, which makes it the least expensive option. The addition of a decent floor, skylight windows, and a staircase is all that is required to create a useful living space.
- In most circumstances, planning permission is not needed.
- Get the extra room you need at much less cost than moving a house.
- Minimal disturbance and building work.
Contact Us Now to Bring Your Vision to Life!
Dormer Loft Conversion
A dormer loft conversion involves adding a box-shaped structure over a pitched roof, which creates a wall sitting at a 90-degree angle to the floor. These conversions are an amazing method to add more head space and floor area, but they are slightly more pricey than roof light conversions.
- Generally, planning permission is not needed.
- It gives maximum headroom, assisting in the creation of a multipurpose space.
- Dormer windows combined with a glass balcony permit natural light to enter the room.
- It is a great investment that will increase the value of your property while improving your lifestyle.
Hip to Gable Loft Conversion
These types of loft conversions are only suitable for buildings having sloping side roofs. By extending the diagonal hip at the side of a home upwards and outwards to create a gable, this conversion creates a lot of space. To maximise available space, these conversions are generally designed with a back dormer.
- Perfect for bungalows, detached, or semi-detached homes.
- Greater value than an external extension.
- Less expensive than moving homes.
- Increase the value of your home.
L-Shaped Loft Conversion
L-shaped loft conversion is an excellent way to add a lot of headroom and also provide a large amount of extra space. Furthermore, it provides numerous arrangement options, like multiple rooms. This conversion type involves building two dormers that connect to form an L-shaped structure.
- Suitable for creating space for multiple rooms.
- Can be used to create more headroom.
Mansard Loft Conversion
Mansard loft conversions are built to the rear of your building and have a vertical (72-degree) back wall, which changes the entire roof contour, making it practically vertical. This is the most expensive conversion because of the amount of work involved, but it is an excellent method to add more room. This conversion type is commonly found on terraced homes and is suitable for most property types.
- Creates a large, multipurpose space that is saturated with natural light.
- Increases the value of your home.
- Provides the space you need without moving.
- Suitable for the majority of homes.
Meet the Best in the Town
Over the years, we have built a vast team of skilled and experienced tradesmen, helping you create perfect loft conversions in Lambeth to serve their purpose. Whether you want to add space and value to your property or add a touch of elegance, contact the specialists at Construct & Furnish London.
Many factors influence the cost of loft conversions, such as conversion type and size, your location, and the quality of materials used. However, on average, it may cost between £55,000 and £80,000.
Usually, planning permission is not required for most loft conversions, but if it goes beyond the permitted development rights, you’ll have to obtain planning permission.
A roof light loft conversion is the simplest and most cost-effective option to create a more spacious and brighter living area.
The time needed for loft conversion depends on the size and type of the conversion. Generally, it takes anywhere from 4-5 weeks.